Saturday, February 7, 2009

I'm Going Back To The Philippines by Menudo




Note : Young Ricky Martin is second from left.
Image above used without permission from Nostalgia Manila
You can visit Nostalgia Manila here : http://nostalgiamanila.blogspot.com/

I'M GOING BACK TO THE PHILIPPINES
by Menudo (1986)


Quietly she sat beside me
"Hello love", was all she said,
"Are you also feelin' lonely?"
With her eyes she answered, "Yes."
In Makati when we met
The moment I will never forget.
Her perfume filled the warm night air
A yellow rose she wore in her hair,
That's when I knew how much I cared
And I took her with a kiss.
We walked along through the city
And I held her by the hand,
"When I am gone, will you miss me?
Think of how our love began."
Underneath Manila sky
We knew we had to say goodbye.
And for the last time we shared our dreams
Our deepest secret and what our love means,
I made my promise, she made a wish
And I left her with a kiss
I'm goin' back to the Philippines
Where my love is waiting
I'm goin' back to the Philippines
To see my love once again.

(Lyrics of this song courtesy of Nostalgia Manila)

No comments:

Post a Comment